Tennis that looks to bounce back from last season

Tennis team that will refuse to lose this season

Drew Ruckle, staff

Tennis is a sport at Hoover High School that does not get a lot of people looking at it. A lot of people think it’s just a game to play for fun. The best part of the tennis season is you enjoy the nice weather and the matches are free to watch.

Science teacher and girls coach Whitney Leverich played in high school and enjoys coaching it too. She wants everyone to come out and try the sport because it’s a easy sport to learn and to catch on easily. You get to enjoy meeting new people and spending time in the nice weather.

“Tennis is a fun sport and it’s not hard if it’s your first time playing it,” Leverich said.

When it comes to the tennis season everyone thinks they can do two sports like tennis and track because it conflicts with practice and meets. Another reason is that they don’t play with their friends so they don’t play.  All the players enjoy there self when they are playing tennis.

“  I like it when my players come to the season and they have personal goals,” Leverich said.

Sophomore Cameron Briggs has been playing tennis for two years and he has enjoyed both seasons. Tennis is a fun sport to play and it would be fun to play with friends.  When your playing you get to feel the breeze of the wind and be in the nice weather.

“Last season I was on JV and I didn’t do that well. So this season I want to Win 5 or more matches and make it to Varsity”, Briggs said.

Junior Julie San has been playing Tennis for 2 years and she wanted to try something else new. Before she played tennis she did cheerleading since middle school. Tennis is fun because its a lot easier to learn because there is not a lot of things to practice on.  If you like to be outside a lot in the nice weather you should come out and play tennis.