Study Tips

Rylin Kleese, Design Editor

Studying is important because it helps you learn and it helps you get the knowledge you need to pass your classes and get into a good college. Studying helps you get smarter and look smarter so people will believe you more. Studying in high school has changed a little bit because of SRG grading. Instead of A’s and B’s it goes by numbers. When you do poorly on something you have the ability to retake it as many times as you want until you get the grade you want. You don’t even need to study because once you have seen the test you can just study what’s on there instead of unnecessary content that you don’t need. SRG is not preparing kids for college and when kids get there they are not fully prepared to study as much as you need for college. SRG makes it easier for kids to pass but it doesn’t give you the necessary skills you need for college and a job after college.

Lake Manship 17 years old/ 12th grade

Do you study? I study when I need to

How do you study? I look through my notes on my phone

What helps you study? Hands on work helps me study and understand things better

Is there anything you always do to study? When I do things over and over it helps me

Do you ever have trouble studying? Yes all the time

What classes are easier/harder to study for? Government is easy for me and statistics is hard for me

Do your teachers help you with study tips? Not really but I don’t really ask

Does SRG affect the amount you study? No

Lorelle Dean 15 years old/ 10th grade

Do you study? Yes, I usually read my notes from class that day

How do you study? I read over my notes or make note cards with important information. Sometimes read a book if there is one for that class

What helps you study? Study guides and notes work the best

Is there anything you always do to study? Yes, I usually read my notes at night from that day in class

Do you ever have trouble studying? Yes, sometimes I lose my focus or don’t have highlighted notes

What classes are easier/harder to study for? The easier classes are history and Spanish and the hardest is math

Do your teachers help you with study tips? Sometimes, some teachers give you specific things to study

Does SRG affect the amount you study? Yes, because if you get a 2.0 then it could mess your grade up or bring it up