Presidential Election

Rylin Kleese, Design Editor

Donald Trump                                      Hillary Clinton

70 years old                                                                                                            68 years old

Republican                                                                                                              Democrat

Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton is an American politician and the nominee of the Democratic Party for President of the United States in the 2016 election. Children: Chelsea Clinton. Education: Yale Law School. Spouse: Bill Clinton

Donald John Trump is an American businessman, television personality, author, politician, and nominee of the Republican Party for President of the United States in the 2016 election. Children: Ivanka Trump, Tiffany Trump, Barron Trump, Eric Trump, Donald Trump Jr. Education: Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Spouse: Melania Trump , Marla Maples , Ivana Trump

Jill Stein                                                  Gary Johnson

66 years old                                                                                                             63 years old

Green party                                                                                                              Libertarian

Gary Earl Johnson is an American businessman, author, politician, and the Libertarian Party nominee for President of the United States in the 2016 election

Jill Ellen Stein is an American physician, activist and politician. She is the Green Party’s nominee for President of the United States in the 2016 election. Stein was also the Green Party’s presidential nominee in 2012

Tre Redeker- 16 years old, 11th grade

Are you a Democrat or Republican? Both

Who do you want to win? Neither

Why? I don’t like the candidates

What are things you care about in this election? Minimum wage increase

If you could vote would you? It would depend on who the candidates were at the time, and who I liked better 

Rachel Math- 15 years old, 10th grade

Are you a Democrat or Republican? I don’t know, I don’t really pay attention to the elections

Who do you want to win? I don’t know

Why? I don’t like Trump but… there are things that I don’t like about Hillary

What are some things you care about in this election? I want someone who knows what they’re doing and who can make America better

If you could vote would you? I would probably vote

Hannah Blackford16 years old, 11th grade

Are you a Democrat or Republican? I am a Republican

Who do you want to win? I don’t want Hillary to win

Why?

What are some things you care about in this election?

I see flaws from both sides. Hillary should be in prison. She got 4 Americans killed in Benghazi and that is directly on her. Rules don’t bend for you. Hillary is all about women’s rights, but it has been proven that the men that work for her get paid more than the women doing the same job. She has lied.

Trump has his flaws but he knows rules. People don’t like hearing the truth and that’s why many people don’t like him. I’m not saying he’s going to be the best president but I think Hillary has gotten too many strikes. When you put your country in danger but want to lead it, are you really a good fit? I’ve heard many of my teachers bash on Trump but no other politicians which really irritates me. If students were more educated on the issue and heard both sides things wouldn’t be so one sided.