Disastrous days

At a time like this help is needed

Ruby Griffin, staff

Lending a helping hand to someone is always hard. Especially in the since that nobody wants to see someone else at a low point in their life. Not even their worst enemy.

Biology and Chemistry teacher Jeremy morrow has donated to the Red Cross for the recent disasters.

“Well I think everybody can donate. There’s a lot of organizations you can google, Red Cross is always good- it’s going to take a long time for them to recover and to help those people,” Morrow said.

Morrow explained there has been an order over the past ten years or so of storms and a lot of people are blinded by what is happening in the world around them.

As stated by CNN, “Hurricane Harvey is estimated one of the most expensive natural disasters in the United States history.”

Fabian Ruiz Spanish teacher is going through a tragedy of his own hitting right at home. Ruiz has donated to the cause even after the heartache challenge of his family and friends being fixated in the Mexico City earthquake.

“It was a moment where I felt my hands were tied because I’m here and my family and my friends are over there, they are safe- it’s a feeling you can’t describe the first thing I wanted to do was run and go… there are people in general that are still missing but it’s a natural disaster we can’t control it,” Ruiz said.