When I Started Ballin’ I Was Young

Wilson+shooting+a+free+throw+against+Valley+
Back to Article
Back to Article

When I Started Ballin’ I Was Young

Wilson shooting a free throw against Valley

Clarke

Clarke

Clarke

Domique Wright, Sports Editor

Douglas Wilson is a 6’6 forward who is looking to win a state title for his team. He is a stronger finisher at the rim. He is very aggressive on offense and defense with grabbing 225 rebounds. Wilson is a very good player with earning first team all-state honors last season. Last season after falling short to Iowa City West High School in the first round of the state tournament he is looking to help the team go all the way to the state championship and win it. He is very focus this season. He has been putting in a lot of offseason work to improve his jump shot and other skills that he needs to help his team reach their goal.

Wilson is real confident in his team, “I think that we can make it to the state championship and win I have a lot of faith in this team and the potential that we have” said Wilson. Wilson is very focused on the getting his team ready to complete this goal getting “I want to get everyone on the same page and be at the top level of play that we need to win a state championship and complete my goals of winning a state title and to be Mr. basketball”, but to win Wilson says “We need to execute our coaches game plan for every game and play hard every game.” Wilson had played basketball for eight years and is looking to continue his basketball career in college. Wilson is highly motivated by his uncles because he wants to be bigger than them in his basketball career. Wilson knows he has a big part in help the basketball team get to those wins that they need to get with him playing in the post. Wilson says “I know I need to do my job and make little mistakes to help my team get the wins that they need.

Stats from last season-

• 25 assists
  • 30 steals
  • 63 blocks
  • 353 points