Do’s and don’ts of the flu

Horrible sickness of the winter time

Drew Ruckle, staff

It’s that time of the season where everyone gets sick from the flu. The flu is one of the worst colds to get. Once you get it, you’ll be sick for a couple of weeks.  There are people that don’t know what the flu is. This is how to take care of yourself when you get it, because when you do, it’s not pretty.

The flu is bad because you get sick really fast and you’ll feel horrible for a week or two. There are a couple of different ways to take care of yourself. First, go to the doctor Second, make sure you take care of your own self. “The best way to take care of yourself is to drink clear fluids and sleep a lot,” our school nurse Jeanne Mark said.

Here are some things not to do when you have the flu, so you don’t get in the way of your own health. It’s important not to go to school because you will get everyone else sick and that won’t be good. Another thing not to do is fly because of the pressure in the sky – it will hurt your eardrums.

“Always take care of yourself and don’t do anything stupid,” Mark said.

Now that you know what the flu does to people and have heard about it, you get that it’s not good to have. Everyone should go get the flu shot so they don’t get sick. Nobody wants to miss school or work over a flu that they can not get rid of, because when you get back you will have to make a lot of stuff up. It’s best for everyone to get the flu shot and stay healthy.